There are five general Archetypes of Characters on The Lost Dominion beyond a “normal” skill-based character, each with their own Gateway in Extras. We have listed some of the classic Rifts characters as examples, but we aren’t requiring you to fit into any of the cookie cutters.
These are humans (and sometimes D-Bees) who have been augmented through the use of cybernetics, bionics, or drugs. Examples include:
- Cyborgs – The melding of man and machine
- Juicers – Peak performance through drugs and stimulants
- Crazies – Implants in their brain allow them to bypass normal limits
This is designed to cover the multitude of dimensional beings, or D-Bees, found in Rifts Earth. This is sort of our ‘catch-all’ category. You are more than welcome to create a D-Bee that’s not on this list. They can even be inspired from other source material but should not be a blatant copy. You cannot bring in other Intellectual Property (IP). No Marvel or DC characters, no Star Wars or Star Trek etc. etc.
We aren’t going to bother to list the different types of D-Bees found in the source material. Palladium has an entire World Book (Rifts D-Bees of North America: World Book 30) devoted to just some of those you’ll run across in North America, and the list is approximately 100 races long. If you can think of it, something probably exists like it.
NOTE: If you’re playing a character that is only cosmetically different from human, but doesn’t have any abilities that need to be represented by Stunts, you do not need to take this Gateway. If you’re an elf that’s basically a human with pointy ears and a different culture, that doesn’t need a Gateway. If you’re an elf that lives thousands of years and is graceful beyond human ability, that’s something you’re going to want to put here.
- Dragon Hatchling
Mages in The Lost Dominion have the most versatile toolkit of abilities, but they are also constrained by. Examples include:
- Elemental Fusionist – Wild casters who balance diametrically opposed forces
- Ley-Line Walkers – Spell-casting wizards with a affinity for Ley Lines
- Mystics – Those that wield both magic and psionics, whose abilitites are not learned but inborn
- Shifters – Practitioners of magic who specialize in the Rifts themselves
- Techno-Wizard – Mages who focus their spells through technology
While mages use the ritual of spells to focus energies to create fantastical effects, Psychics do so with the power of their mind alone. No need for gestures, words, or material components.
- Mind Melters
- Glitter Boy Pilot
- Northn Gun Samson Pilot
- Titan Pilot
- SAMAS Pilot
- Gunbuster Pilot
- UAR-1 Pilot
- Bulldog Pilot